Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Attempt at Artistic




A little sister-sister bonding time has resulted in a few artistic attempts. I can't say ceramics is my thing; I am not used to the idea that you only get one take, have no idea what it looks like due to the muted paints, send it to the kiln, and can't un-do what's done. I perfer oils or acrylics where you can layer and layer and layer and re-layer, but we have had a lot of fun at Color Me Mine, and I guess I'm pretty okay with how these turned out. The joke is always if we don't like what we make, they will end up each other's birthday gifts, or Reece and Caitlin's wedding present!

If you have never heard of Color Me Mine, it is a cute little ceramic studio with tall tables and chairs and paints and ceramics galore. You pay a studio sitting fee and then pay the price of your item, so it can get a little bit expensive, but as long as you go on can-food-donation-night or two-for-one date nights (yes they let my sister and I be "dates"), it's not too bad. Anyway, these are my variations on the theme: Serving Bowls.

7 comments:

JMadd said...

I think they look like some cool stuff I saw in Mexico. Good job!

Unknown said...

Yay! I was attempting to make at least the round one look like a Mexican bowl.

Missy said...

I would agree with the mexically look. What a fun night!

Missy said...

These are really cute! I don't think I would do so well there...

Reece and Caitlin said...

Whoa those look pretty good! Apparently someone took all the artistic genes in the family...

Rena Lesué said...

trendy! Kinda looks like the line out by Better Homes and Gardens. Gorgeous darling!

WalkConkies said...

How fun! Thanks for the tips on canned food and date night - Jesi would love to do this again. We did it once in McCall Idaho and we spent a lot of money on a cat that looked like something you would find at a dollar store somewhere, but hey - the memories to be made are so worth it. Way to have some bonding time with your sis! They turned out great! And thanks for hanging out with me the other night - I just realized I forgot your gloves. Maybe I'll get them back to you before next winter :)!!!